fileIT builds a folder structure for you by linking your Salesforce records to Dropbox folders. The folders fileIT creates are empty. But what if you wanted the folder to contain a structure of its own. For example you may want every Account folder to have the sub folders Management, Proposals and Requirements.
The template folder feature can set up a sub folder structure automatically for you.
- Go to Dropbox and Login using the same account you used to setup fileIT.
- If you are unsure which account is connected navigate to the fileIT Options tab and at the top under Dropbox Connection Settings it tells you who you are Connected As.
- Open the Salesforce Documents folder.
- Open the object folder you wish to work with, for example Accounts.
- Create a new folder and name it 'template'.
- Create the structure you want by adding files and folders into the template folder.
- In Salesforce navigate to the fileIT options tab.
- Scroll down to Object based settings and click Edit.
- In Object Based Settings
- Check Enable Template next the object you want to work with, for example we are working with Account.
- Click Save
Please remember template folders are not retrospective.