fileIT creates a folder structure for you automatically.
The default format of this structure is inside your Dropbox a folder called Salesforce Documents is created, inside that there a folder called Accounts and inside there a folder for each of your accounts, for example Apple, Beaufort 12 and Microsoft. The folder name for the record is currently just the account name.
But what if you wanted to have a different folder name or have the folder created in a different location, with custom folder paths you can.
Lets start with a different folder name. For example with contacts, the standard structure is
If you wanted to have
Instead you can set the naming method yourself so the folders are named appropriately upon creation.
- Click Setup.
- Under App Setup, open Customise, then Contacts and click on Fields.
- Scroll down to the Contact Custom Fields & Relationships list and click New.
- Now select the Data Type to formula and click Rename column and click Next
- The Field Label must be Custom Dropbox Path and the Field Name (API name) must be Custom_Dropbox_Path.
- Select the Formula Return Type Text.
- Click Next.
- Enter the formula, for example 'Contacts/'+ LastName + ',' + FirstName and click Next.
- Tick the Visible column to grand editing access, then click Next.
- Click Save.
This is not retrospective, it only works for newly created folders.
The formula used can be anything you would like it to be. You can add other fields, text, numbers or dates. In addition you can use this process on all standard and custom objects.