Out of the box fileIT does not follow the Salesforce security model, so when you share the Salesforce Documents folder everything contained will be visible.
To make fileIT follow the Salesforce security model you are currently using, all you have to do is tick a box.
Once you have this enabled a Private Salesforce Documents folder is created, which can only be seen by the record owner.
fileIT will adapt to the sharing permission chosen
- if Read only is chosen the user will only be able to view files, whereas
- if Read / Write is chosen the user can add, open, delete and restore files.
- Open fileIT.
- Go to the fileIT Options tab.
- Scroll down to the Object Based Settings and click Edit.
- Tick the objects you would like to enable within the Follow Salesforce Sharing column and click Save.
Please remember that security does not work retrospectively.