The best way to import your Salesforce records into Campaign Monitor is via our import wizard. However, if you are working with just Salesforce contacts or leads we have other approaches for specific use cases.
- Individually - Perfect if you want to import a single contact or lead from their Salesforce record.
- Salesforce Campaign - If you already have a Salesforce Campaign setup with Members you want to add to a list in Campaign Monitor.
- Automatically - Instantly add a contact or lead to a list with a simple rule-based solution.
From a contact or lead record:
- Scroll down to the subscriber list membership related list on a contact or lead record.
- Click the Add (Contact or Lead) to subscriber list button.
- Select one or more lists and then click the Add (Contact or Lead) to subscriber list button.
If you use Salesforce campaigns, you can quickly import all campaign members to a subscriber list:
- Navigate to a Salesforce Campaign record.
- In the Campaign Members section, click Add Members to Subscriber List.
- Select a list and one or more campaign statuses, then click Add Members to Email List.
You can automate adding Salesforce contacts or leads to subscriber lists by creating simple rules that fire when a record is created or updated.
To set up an automatic subscription:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor.
- Click the Automatic Subscriptions tab.
- Enter a name and description for the automatic subscription.
- Select either the Contact or Lead from the Object drop-down.
- Choose to either Add or Delete.
- Select a subscriber list.
- Choose when the rule should fire in the Evaluation Time section.
- Optionally create rule criteria, if there is no criteria the rule will just fire.
The following time values are supported in the input field of a rule: