Sync Salesforce contact and lead records with custom fields
Custom field mapping syncs the data stored in Campaign Monitor custom fields with contact and lead records in Salesforce, or vice versa.
Within a synced subscriber list, you choose the direction that the individual custom fields sync. For example, you can transfer useful data from contacts and leads to Campaign Monitor to segment or personalize your email campaigns. Or you can sync in the opposite direction, importing new or updated subscriber data from Campaign Monitor.
This help topic is based on the Spring '17 release of Salesforce, using the Salesforce Classic interface.
Set up custom field mapping for a list
To choose which data is synced between Campaign Monitor's custom fields and contact and lead records:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor.
- Click the Custom Field Mappings tab.
- Select a subscriber list to set up the custom field mapping for, then click Next.
Map Salesforce to Campaign Monitor
To sync Salesforce contact and lead records to the selected list's custom fields:
- Select Map Salesforce to Campaign Monitor from the dropdown menu.
- Click the (Map)links to select Salesforce contact or lead records, and match them to the available Campaign Monitor custom fields.
- Optional: Click Add Row to specify another Salesforce contact or lead record, then Select. A custom field matching that record will be created in Campaign Monitor at the next sync. Click Edit next to the new custom field name to change it.
- Optional: Click Apply field Mapping to other Subscriber Lists to use the same field mapping for another Campaign Monitor subscriber list.
- Optional: Select Retrospective Save to update existing subscribers in Campaign Monitor, instead of only syncing records for new subscribers.
- Click Save.
NOTE:Campaign Monitor has a limit of 50 custom fields.
Map Campaign Monitor to Salesforce
To sync the selected list's custom field data with Salesforce contact and lead records:
- Select Map Campaign Monitor to Salesforce from the dropdown menu.
- In the "Lead" or "Contact" column next to the custom field you want to sync, click(Map).
- You will see a dialog called "Select a Field". From the first dropdown, select the Salesforce contact or lead record that you want to map to the Campaign Monitor custom field.
- Optional: Provide a default value for Salesforce if the Campaign Monitor custom field doesn't contain any data.
- Optional: If you don't want to update existing Salesforce contact or lead records, only newly created ones, select Only use mapping when creating a Salesforce record.
- Click Select.
- Optional: ClickmApply field Mapping to other Subscriber Lists to use the same field mapping for another Campaign Monitor subscriber list.
- Click Save.
The contact and lead records, and custom fields will be updated at the next sync.
TIP:When mapping from Campaign Monitor to Salesforce, you can optionally create new leads or contacts from imported subscribers.