Campaign Monitor tracking statistics in Salesforce
Campaign Monitor for Salesforce gives you the ability to view email campaign activity from contact, lead and campaign pages. This is done by adding objects to page layouts, which also provide quick access to list and subscriber management tools.
ON THIS PAGE:
- Email statistics on contact and lead pages
- Email statistics on Salesforce campaign pages
- Email statistics dashboard
Email tracking statistics is a Premium edition feature. This help topic is based on the Spring '17 release of Salesforce, using the Salesforce Classic interface.
Email statistics on contact and lead pages
The two objects added to contact and lead pages are “Subscriber List Memberships” and “Email Tracking Statistics”. The list memberships object displays which lists the contact or lead belongs to. It also provides a direct link to subscriber profiles in Campaign Monitor, and buttons to quickly add contacts or leads to additional lists, or unsubscribe them from all lists.
The email tracking statistics object shows how individual contacts and leads are engaging with your email campaigns. It lists the emails sent, along with the contact or lead's basic email activity: whether they have opened, clicked, bounced or unsubscribed.
Click the campaign name, or Edit, to view the sent email. Or click a link in the "Activity Report" column to view reporting in Campaign Monitor.
Email statistics on Salesforce campaign pages
If you use Salesforce campaigns, you can link sent email campaigns to them via the "Campaign Monitor Statistics" object added to campaign pages.
When campaign statistics are activated, you can view basic statistics without leaving the Salesforce campaign page, or click View Report to see in-depth reporting in Campaign Monitor. Links are also added to the web and plain text versions of your email, and worldview.
Campaign Monitor for Salesforce also adds an "Add Members to Subscriber List" button to the "Campaign Members" section of the page.
You can run pre-built Salesforce reports based on email tracking statistics, or create your own.
To view pre-built reports which come with Campaign Monitor for Salesforce:
- In Salesforce, navigate to the Reports ;tab.
- Below "Folders" on the left, select Campaign Monitor for Salesforce.
- In the right pane, click one of the pre-built report names.
Create a report
- In Salesforce, navigate to the Reports tab.
- Click New Report.
- Below "Select Report Type", in the Quick Find field, type
- Select which email tracking report you want to run, then click Create.
- Adjust your filters, then click Run Report.
Email statistics dashboard
To provide an at-a-glance overview of all your email statistics, there is a pre-built dashboard included with Campaign Monitor for Salesforce:
To access it:
- In Salesforce, navigate to the Dashboards tab.
- View the Campaign Monitor Dashboard. You can change what's displayed here by clicking the Edit button.