Like any app that creates records Campaign Monitor for Salesforce uses some of your record storage capacity. Each Salesforce record takes approximately 2KB, so if you have 10,000 active subscribers, syncing the subscribers alone will take up approximately 20MB of space. Add their email activity, and you could quickly exceed your storage limits.
While you can purchase additional storage from Salesforce, you can also restrict the data that is synced to Salesforce from Campaign Monitor to save space.
One way to free up storage space is to limit the amount of email tracking data that is synced between accounts.
To do so:
- In Salesforce, click the App drop-down at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor Admin.
- Click the General settings tab, then the Sync Settings option.
- On the Email Tracking Data section you'll see how much space Campaign Monitor for Salesforce is using.
- To turn off tracking data complete simply make Import email tracking data inactive.
- To be selective uncheck the types of import i.e. Sent, Opened, Clicked, etc.. Or you can change the number of days to keep in Salesforce. Both of these options can be used independently or together e.g. only Sent transaction for the last 100 days.
You can further limit the data imported from Campaign Monitor by stopping subscriber list membership records being created. These records show what contact or lead records are linked to subscriber list in Salesforce. This is set per subscriber list in Salesforce using the "prevent member sync" option. This setting is optional when creating or editing a subscriber list in Salesforce.
With "prevent member sync" turned on, the following data will be imported into Salesforce, which you can find under the "Subscriber Lists" tab:
- The list name
- The client name the list is associated with (if you have multiple clients synced)
- The list type: single or confirmed opt-in
- The unsubscribe setting for the list
- Basic statistics for the list
The following data will not be imported:
- Subscriber email addresses
- Subscription dates
- Subscriber statuses
- Subscriber names