When you connect Salesforce to Campaign Monitor, synced Campaign Monitor subscriber list members are matched with your contacts and leads by email address. Those contacts and leads are then updated accordingly. By default, contacts or leads aren't created using Campaign Monitor data. You can change this behaviour for each subscriber list, so if a matching contact or lead isn't found when syncing, it will be created.
To create a new contact or lead whenever someone subscribes to your Campaign Monitor list:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor.
- Click the Custom Field Mappings tab.
- Select the subscriber list you want to create new contacts or leads from.
- In the drop-down, select Map Campaign Monitor to Salesforce.
- Optional: If your subscriber list has custom fields they will be displayed. This data can be mapped to Salesforce. Learn more.
- Next to New Subscriber Rule, select Create Lead or Create Contact.
- Click Save.
New contact or lead records will be created in Salesforce at the next sync.