Campaign Monitor for Salesforce provides a number of ways to remove people from subscriber lists, all from within your Salesforce account:
- Use the Email Opt Out checkbox.
- Change an individual contact or lead's subscriber status.
- Turn on the setting to change a subscriber’s status to deleted when a contact or lead is deleted.
- Create an automatic subscription with the action set to "Delete" instead of "Add".
- Use the process builder to unsubscribe a contact or lead when a certain condition is met.
To change the subscriber list status of an individual:
- In Salesforce, navigate to a contact or lead record.
- On the Subscriber List Memberships related list, click next to the list name you want to change the status in.
- Change the drop-down menu to either Deleted or Unsubscribed.
- Click Save.
You can optionally click the Unsubscribe All button to remove them from all Campaign Monitor subscriber lists.
To automatically unsubscribe deleted contacts and leads from subscriber lists:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor Admin.
- Click the General Settings tab.
- Select Options from the vertical menu.
- Change "When I delete a contact or lead I want to update any linked records in Campaign Monitor to show a deleted status", to active.
- Click Save