When installing Campaign Monitor for Salesforce, you are prompted to choose which Salesforce users will get access. Later, if necessary, you can grant access to additional individuals via permission sets. You can also assign limited Campaign Monitor access to Salesforce users.
Campaign Monitor for Salesforce contains two permission sets in Salesforce. These permission sets allow users to access the application in Salesforce.
- Campaign Monitor - Full Access - this permission set provides access to all parts of the Campaign Monitor for Salesforce application. Typically this is the Salesforce administrator.
- Campaign Monitor - User Access - this permission set provides user level access to the Campaign Monitor for Salesforce application.
To grant a permission set to a user:
- In Salesforce, click Setup, Manage Users, Permission Sets
- Select either Campaign Monitor - Full Access or Campaign Monitor - User Access
- Click Manage Assignment. From here you can choose which users to add to the permission set.
The Campaign Monitor tab allows you to access Campaign Monitor as if you logged into the application directly. If you connect a Campaign Monitor administrator account to Salesforce, by default all Salesforce users given access to Campaign Monitor for Salesforce will also access that account. The connected user can be found in sync settings tab within our general settings tab.
To restrict access to certain features in Campaign Monitor, you can assign a non-admin Campaign Monitor account to a Salesforce user.
First, you will need to add the "Campaign Monitor User" field to the Salesforce user page layout. This only needs to be done once:
- In Salesforce, click Setup near the top right of the screen.
- On the left in the "Quick Find" search box type
- Below "Manage Users", click Users
- Select a Salesforce user.
- Near the top right, click Edit Layout.
- Drag and drop the Campaign Monitor User field into your layout, then click Save.
After the Salesforce user page layout has been modified:
- Select the Salesforce user you want to limit access to Campaign Monitor for, then click Edit.
- Next to "Campaign Monitor User", enter a Campaign Monitor non-admin account email address.
- Click Save.
When the main sync runs, the Salesforce owner for records created by the sync will be set to the Salesforce user who connected Salesforce with Campaign Monitor (you can see the connected user in Salesforce under Setup-->Scheduled Jobs. It is listed under the Submitted By value for the schedule sendItScheduleSubscriptions).
The Salesforce record owner can be changed by entering a Salesforce username under the field named Salesforce User on the Campaign Monitor Client Detail record.
The owner for the following Salesforce records will be changed:
- Subscriber List
- Subscriber List Member
- Email Tracking History
The Salesforce site user runs under slightly different permissions than an internal Salesforce user. If you are using the process builder with transactional emails, you may need to perform the following steps (check Campaign Monitor Admin --> General Settings --> Maintenance logs for any permission messages):
- Navigate to Develop --> Sites, click on the Site Label --> Public Access Settings. This will open the profile for the site user.
- Click View Users
- Click on the full name E.g. default Site Guest User
- Permission Set Assignments --> Edit Assignments and add Campaign Monitor - User Access
- This assigns the Campaign Monitor for Salesforce related objects (E.g. Queue Items).
The sharing settings need be enabled for external access to the root object that is used by the transactional email (E.g. Opportunity, Account, Contact etc):
- Navigate to Security Controls --> Sharing Settings --> Edit
- E.g. Set Default Internal Access and Default External Access to Public Read Only (for Contact, you typically need to this at the Account level).