The import wizard allows you to combine some of our most popular features seamlessly. You can quickly add Salesforce records from any object via a list view or report. You can also include additional fields from Salesforce to enhance your Campaign Monitor lists for segmentation or personalization. Finally, you can schedule the import for future runs automating a time-consuming process.
- The import wizard works with any Salesforce object. If you have not already done so create a Salesforce report or list view ensuring you include an email field.
- Next, select the subscriber list you want to work with by going to the subscriber list tab. Then click the label of the list e.g. SL-0001. Now click the Import Subscribers Button.
- The wizard will appear asking you to select between a list view or report. Then you will be asked to choose the list or report.
- The next screen will allow you to map fields from your list or report to Campaign Monitor custom fields. If you already have custom fields in Campaign Monitor, these will appear. If not you can create them from this screen.
- The final step of the wizard allows you to immediately start the import, set up a schedule for future runs or both.
Once submitted a subscriber import record will be created visible in a related list. Here you will be able to monitor the status of the import, see scheduling information, and view the results of a completed import. Every time an import runs it will add any new subscribers and update custom field mappings.
Editing a subscriber import is easy, simply scroll down to the related list and click edit on the record you want to amend. This will take you back through the import wizard allowing you to make changes.
To delete a subscriber import simply scroll down to the related list and click del. This will delete the import record.