Custom field mapping syncs the data stored in Campaign Monitor custom fields with contact and lead records in Salesforce, or vice versa.
Within a synced subscriber list, you choose the direction that the individual custom fields sync. For example, you can transfer useful data from contacts and leads to Campaign Monitor to segment or personalize your email campaigns. Or you can sync in the opposite direction, importing new or updated subscriber data from Campaign Monitor.
Set up custom field mapping for a list
To choose which data is synced between Campaign Monitor's custom fields and Salesforce contact and lead records:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor.
- Click the Custom Field Mappings tab.
- Select a subscriber list to set up the custom field mapping for, then click Next.
Map Salesforce to Campaign Monitor
To sync Salesforce contact and lead records to Campaign Monitor custom fields:
- Select Map Salesforce to Campaign Monitor from the dropdown menu.
- Click Map to select Salesforce fields, and match them to the available Campaign Monitor custom fields.
- Click Add Row to map other Salesforce Fields. A custom field matching that record will be created in Campaign Monitor. The name of the field will be auto-generated but can be changed by clicking edit next to the new custom field name.
- Click Save.
Map Campaign Monitor to Salesforce
To update Salesforce based on Campaign Monitor changes as well as create new contacts or leads:
- Select Map Campaign Monitor to Salesforce from the dropdown menu.
- Choose which New Subscriber Rule you want.
- Don't Create - Just updates Salesforce based on Campaign Monitor changes
- Create Lead - Will create Salesforce Leads when people are added to the Campaign Monitor subscriber list.
- Create Contact - Will create Salesforce Contacts when people are added to the Campaign Monitor subscriber list.
- Click Map in either the Contact or Lead column.
- Select a Field from the dropdown. Optionally provide a default value for Salesforce if the Campaign Monitor custom field doesn't contain any data. If you don't want to update existing Salesforce records, only newly created ones, check Only use mapping when creating a Salesforce record.
- Click Select.
- Click Save.