Sync Salesforce email opt outs with Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor for Salesforce works with the Email Opt Out checkbox that can be added to contact and lead pages in Salesforce. It can remove people from Campaign Monitor subscriber lists who have been marked "opted out" in Salesforce, and prevent them from being added to new subscriber lists in Salesforce.
Salesforce administrator access is required to carry out the instructions below. This help topic is based on the Spring '17 release of Salesforce, using the Salesforce Classic interface.
Customize settings for the Email Opt Out checkbox
To set how you want the Email Opt Out checkbox to function:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor Admin.
- Click the General Settings tab.
- Choose which of the first three options to turn on:
Add the Email Opt Out checkbox to contact or lead pages
To enable the Email Opt Out checkbox on page layouts:
- In Salesforce, near the top right of the screen, click.
- On the left in the "Quick Find" search box type contacts.
- Below "Contacts", click Fields.
- On the "Contact Fields" page, click Email Opt Out.
- Click Set Field-Level Security.
- In the "Visible" column, select the user group to show the checkbox to, then click Save.
- Click View Field Accessibility.
- Click the "Hidden" link next to the user group you want to see the checkbox.
- Below "Page Layout", select the Visible checkbox, then click Save
- The "Email Opt Out" checkbox will now be shown when you view a contact.
For lead page layouts, use the instructions above, but substitute "contacts" for "leads".