Remove Salesforce contacts or leads from subscriber lists
Campaign Monitor for Salesforce provides a number of ways to remove people from subscriber lists, all from within your Salesforce account:
- Use the Email Opt Out checkbox.
- Change an individual contact or lead's subscriber status. (See instructions below)
- Turn on the setting to change a subscriber’s status to deleted when a contact or lead is deleted. (See instructions below)
- Create an automatic subscription with the action set to "Delete" instead of "Add".
- Use the Process Builder to unsubscribe a contact or lead when a certain condition is met.
NOTE: Both "deleted" and "unsubscribed" will prevent any further emails from being sent to the contact.
This help topic is based on the Spring '17 release of Salesforce, using the Salesforce Classic interface.
Change a contact or lead subscriber status
To change the subscriber list status of an individual:
- In Salesforce, open the person's Contact or Lead page.
- Below "Subscriber List Memberships", click next to the list name you want to change the status in.
- Change the dropdown menu to either Deleted or "Unsubscribed".
- Click Save.
You can optionally click the Unsubscribe All button to remove them from all Campaign Monitor subscriber lists.
Set subscriber status to "deleted" when a contact or lead is deleted
NOTE: Access to the Campaign Monitor Admin app is required.
To automatically unsubscribe deleted contacts and leads from subscriber lists:
- In Salesforce, click the app menu at the top right, then select Campaign Monitor Admin.
- Click the General Settings tab.
- Change the fourth option, "When I delete a contact or lead I want to update any linked records in Campaign Monitor to show a deleted status", to Yes.
- Click Save